Outgoing Material Transfer
Thank you for your interest in acquiring materials developed by UC Irvine faculty and owned by the University. We will be pleased to share those materials the faculty are willing to release, provided that there is an agreement in place prior to the transfer that governs use, further transfer, liabilities, intellectual property, and if necessary, transfer costs.
If your non-profit institution has signed the Uniform Biological Materials Transfer Agreement, please do the following:
- Print a copy of the Letter Agreement (MS Word .doc)
- Sign it
- Fax the copy to our office (949.824.3400)
If you are unclear as to whether or not your institution has signed the uniform agreement, please visit the UBMTA signatory institutions list at Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM) to make this determination.
All other non-profit and for profit institutions please do the following:
- Open and print out the Material Transfer Agreement (MS Word .doc)
- Fill in the type of material and shipping address
- Have it signed by an authorized institutional official
- Fax the Agreement to our office (949.824.3400)
Faxes should be sent to:
Assistant Director, Intellectual Property Administration
Fax: (949) 824-3400
Phone: (949) 824-4608
Following receipt of either the uniform letter or the Transfer Agreement, we will alert the faculty researcher that it is now appropriate to send the materials.