- 12/14/2012 - Hiperwall Inc, a spinoff company that grew out of NSF-funded visualization research conducted in the UCI Calit2 Building, is moving into its own Irvine facility.
- 11/23/2012 - UC Irvine and U of Arizona startup, CPP hopes to raise $5M ahead of colon cancer prevention drug trials
Cancer Prevention Pharmaceuticals wants to raise $5 million in advance of additional clinical trials for a colorectal cancer prevention drug made up of CPP-1X/sul, known as Eflornithine, and sulindac, an NSAID. The drugs are thought to interfere with pathways linked to cancer risk, and the company said early studies showed they cut the recurrence of colon polyps linked to cancer by 92%.
- 10/31/2012 - UC Irvine startup, Thesan Pharmaceuticals secures $16M in venture capital from Novo Ventures and Novartis Venture Funds
- 08/21/2012 - Relief from Ringing in the Ears Gives Tinnitus Sufferers 'Their Lives Back'. Read more...
- 05/09/2012 - Research led by Fan-Gang Zeng in otolaryngology has led to the creation of the Serenade Tinnitus Treatment System, a novel technology that helps people with tinnitus. Read more about it here.
- 04/27/2012 – Faculty and staff are now able to sign the UC Patent Amendment online via At Your Service.
By logging in to their personal AYSO account and selecting "My Patent Amendment," employees will be notified if they previously signed the amendment and, if not, will be provided the immediate opportunity to do so.
- 10/31/2011 – Cortex Pharmaceuticals: Servier Exercises Option to Cortex's Ampakine® CX1632, an Innovative Compound in Clinical Development for Alzheimer's Disease
- 03/30/2011 – SoundCure Secures $3MM Funding Led by Allied Minds to Commercialize Next Generation Tinnitus Therapy
- 12/01/2010 – University Tech Transfer and Entrepreneurship Twitter newspaper launched: http://paper.li/tto2newco/university-tech-transfer
- 10/08/2010 - The 2010-2011 Entrepreneurs Forum opened with a presentation on "Protecting Intellectual Property" by OTA's Licensing Officer, Megha Patel.
- 05/24/2010 - OTA and Sue and Bill Gross Stem Cell Research Center push for increased commercialization efforts.
- 02/24/2010 - UCI Startup receives 2009 SBIR Achievement Award.
One-Cycle Control has received a 2009 SBIR Achievement Award from the US Army for its work developing power electronics to improve the efficiency, power density, & multi-frequency capability of mobile generators.