Welcome to the Office
of Technology Alliances
- OTA's Mission
- Faculty: I have an innovation or idea. What do I do?
- Industry and Investors: Find Available Technologies
The UCI Office of Technology Alliances (OTA) exists to foster faculty/industry alliances and commercialization of UC Irvine technology for the broad public benefit. OTA emphasizes accessibility, timeliness, and flexibility in its operations and negotiations to ensure that the federal, state and private investment in UCI research has the greatest possible positive impact on people and the economy.
At the end of fiscal year 2011 (6/30/2011), OTA managed:
- 901 inventions in its portfolio
- 334 active US patents
- 113 active license or option agreements
OTA has participated in founding more than 50 companies.
Faculty: I have an innovation or idea. What do I do?
- Complete a Record of Invention (ROI) Disclosure and submit it to OTA.
- Or, call a member of OTA's licensing staff to discuss your idea.
- Read the information about patenting and the commercialization process in our Faculty Resources section.
To find additional technologies using full text search, or industry category, go to the Available Technologies page.