Fellowship Opportunity: UC Irvine Applied Innovation
Invention Transfer Group Fellowship
We are currently accepting applications for fellowship positions beginning mid-Fall quarter. The deadline to apply is August 20th, 2016.
Fellowships with the Invention Transfer Group (ITG), formerly known as the Office of Technology Alliances (OTA), offer interested graduate students, post docs, or professional students at UCI a hands-on introduction to university technology transfer and intellectual property management. Technology transfer is a mix of science, business and law. Under the direction of a Licensing Officer at ITG, fellows will assist the office in conducting technology assessments, prior art searches, writing invention summaries, and initiating market research of UCI inventions. This opportunity will give fellows experience analyzing inventions, and an understanding of the patenting and commercialization processes, while providing an excellent resource to the UCI inventor community. This fellowship is part-time and paid.
The Invention Transfer Group is located with Applied Innovation at the Cove at 5141 California Ave, Irvine, CA 92697.
For more information please visit UCI Applied Innovation.
- UCI graduate-level (Ph.D., Master’s, M.D. or J.D.) student or post-doctoral scholar
- Student should have completed at least 2 years of graduate studies, and, if a Ph.D. student, have passed their qualifying exams
- Scientific background in the life sciences, physical sciences, engineering, computer sciences, or medicine
- Priority will be given to GPS-BIOMED registered students
- Must have excellent written communication
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Submit resume and questionnaire to firstname.lastname@example.org. Download questionnaire here
- Applicants invited for interviews will be assigned a short case study to be completed within 1 week
- Approval from faculty advisor, if fellow is a graduate student or post doc. Post docs may be required to reduce their appointment if adding this internship would bring them over 100% appointment.
- Ability to devote 5-8 hours per week to the program (some assignments may be completed remotely)
- Minimum six month commitment