UCI's Faculty Profile System is a centralized and searchable information resource designed to help faculty develop sources of support for their work and to increase accessibility for collaborators, students and the community. Searches can be done by name, department, key word or full text data fields. E-mail links are built into each record for easy communication, as are links to personal or departmental web pages.
The System is used by:
- companies seeking expertise, research collaborators and consulting assistance
- the Office of Technology Alliances (OTA) to foster industry research collaboration and technology transfer
- the UCI Advancement Office for introducing faculty members to philanthropic organizations and foundations
- Research Development staff for linking faculty with research funding opportunities and developing interdisciplinary teams
- the Communications Office when news media and public relations people need access to subject matter expertise
- scholars and scientists who wish to locate faculty members for research collaboration or scientific/scholarly exchange
- current and prospective students to learn more about their professors and academic or research potential.